Spring is the perfect time of the year to freshen up your signage. The three categories of illuminated signage are neon, fluorescent and LED. Whether you are just starting out with illuminated lights or thinking about an upgrade from neon or fluorescent lights, here are some unique advantages of LED signage.
- Long lasting: quality LED lights can last up to 3 years longer than neon or fluorescent lights, meaning fewer replacements and lower ongoing costs.
- Low maintenance: LED lights have a consistent level of brightness throughout their lifespan and are easy to clean. LED lights do not contain any gasses that might leak or glass tubes that can break, which can cause unnecessary repair costs. They have a high efficiency, meaning that they emit more light for the same electricity consumption as neon or fluorescent lights.
- Bolder, brighter colors: LED lights emit a consistent, striking brightness in both daytime and nighttime. Since they don’t contain any gasses than can leak, they will not create any dimness over time.
- Eco-friendly: they use around 10 Watts or power, meaning lower lightning costs. LED lights use at least 75% less energy than incandescent lighting, saving on operating expenses.
- Great for indoors too: because they emit very little heat, they can safely be used indoors as well, without the need for air conditioning.